Kenya AB Kiaga - Othaya Farms, Nyeri Highlands
Boon Coffee Roasters, Coffee with a Purpose, 100% Arabica, Whole Bean Specialty Coffee, Triple Processed, Smooth and Bright with Tasting Notes of Black Currant and Sweet Citrus, Keto, Vegan
Tasting Notes: Sweet Citrus | Plum | Grape | Black Currant | Hint of Black Tea
Acidity: Very Bright (this is one of Kenya's main characteristics)
Variety: SL28 | SL34
Processing: Double fermented (Kenyan way), washed, and then sun-dried
Kenya believe it? Not trying to stump you, but this triple-processed (it's a Kenya thing) fairtrade coffee is a favorite. You will taste the sweet citrus, plum, and grape, which also deliver a smooth and full-body feel. It is located between the rivers of Rutene and Ruarai, where some of Kenya's best teas are grown, East of the Aberdare Ranges. It's bright, full of caffeine, and makes for a positive and energetic day.
Why did we choose to offer this coffee?
Because of its unique process and taste:
- Developed and matured....slooooooowly producing extra hard beans making the quality in the cup awesome
- Wet, processed, fully ripe cherries
- Fermented for 12-48 hours (depending on climate conditions)
- Washed and graded again in clean water channels
- Dried on raised African beds slowly for over 2-3 weeks
- Rested in Parchment for three weeks, hulled, and then graded again, and
- Lastly, carefully handpicked the best greens before exported
GET YOU SOME OF THIS ONE! It is also a cooperative, meaning the farmers can sell their coffee, receiving fair-trade prices.
Coffee with a purpose. Fair-trade prices mean farmers can feed their families, put a roof over their heads, pay for medical needs and send their kids to school. Let's keep the momentum going by purchasing from roasters and shops that trade with buyers that do this.